Accurate and timely information is indispensable for any business owner in making informed decisions. Business leaders measure the success of its organization by comparing it against a set of Key Performance Indicators (KPI). You can easily track and visualize your KPIs using a business intelligence tool that you can integrate with your existing financial management system.
Such is the case of Microsoft Power BI, a self-service business intelligence tool that lets you discover insights and perform critical analysis of your data. It’s powerful on its own, but it becomes even better when integrated to your other financial management application such as your Dynamics NAV or Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Here are a few steps on how to integrate Power BI with Dynamics 365 Business Central.
1. Log in and open Dynamics 365 Business Central.
2. Set this up per user. Update this per NAV user.
3. Click Get started with Power BI. Your Power BI license will then need to be verified.
4. Next is the deployment of your Power BI Report.
5. Click Power BI Reports drop-down arrow.
6. Click Select Report.
7. Select the Reports that you need by clicking “Enabled”.
Check out your brand new Power BI enabled report:
Here's how to expand your Power BI enabled report.
1. Click Expand Report.
2. The report will be available to users based on the expanded report.
3. To navigate, click Next Report > Click Next Report.
To manage reports, click Manage Report.
The Power BI Management report will now be available to users.
Still need more assistance with integrating your Power BI to Dynamics NAV? Drop us a line here and we’ll be in touch or call 403 744 5358.